The College Chronicles is going to be something like a record of my time getting ready for college, and my time in college. I’m actually pretty excited about this project – especially because it should help me get more invested in searching for and applying to colleges.
Right now, I only really know these few facts:
- I’ve been wanting to be in and planning for college ever since freshman year.
- I don’t know how to do this college thing.
- I want to become a Psychologist.
- I am going to apply to exactly seven colleges.
- I love Kenyon College.
- I have trouble finding other colleges because that love is so large.
- I can’t find any other colleges I like that are small.
- I’m too picky for my own good.
I’ve got a list of colleges that I would like to apply to already:
- Kenyon College (LOVE)
- University of Cincinnati (for safety)
- University of Pittsburgh (for the Psychology program)
- Ohio State (for the Psyche program)
- Denison University (it’s similar to Kenyon, plus the Psyche program)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (I don’t know. I just haven’t crossed it off yet, so it might be important.)
- Wittenberg University (same as above)
- College of Idaho (I don’t really even know)
- University of Dayton (Safety. Plus I know the town well. More research will be done.)
- Syracuse University (I just want to apply here.)
Problem: A lot of these colleges don’t have the type of setting I’m looking for. Either I feel like I can’t connect with the people (when I’ve visited) or I feel like it’s too big for me. I’ve grown up in a small town all my life, and while I love the Big Apple, I’m just not sure if I could live in a big city for 4+ years. So, I don’t know if I should continue to search for smaller schools, or if I should just go ahead and start narrowing down.
PS. I’ve been listening to Lady GaGa recently because I’ve gotten her full albums and I love them! Why are so few of her songs popular? She has so many more fantastic ones!